Open, Integrated, Secure
Apprion's ION System is a comprehensive industrial wireless application networking system. The ION System provides an open, integrated, secure and scalable system for monitoring, managing, and securing multi-vendor wireless devices and applications.
ION's current version, ION R4, provides comprehensive integration and cohesive management of facilities' wireless infrastructures, including multiple industry-leading wireless devices, wireless data from all devices on the network and all wireless applications. The Apprion ION R4 System equips industrial facilities with a secure, reliable, low-cost way to improve management of users, devices and systems across a large network and plant area, while enhancing plant communications, increasing productivity and satisfying regulatory mandates.
The ION System includes:
- Apprion IONosphere - Industrial network appliance that manages data services, workflow, security, monitoring and maintenance, and 3rd party application integration across wireless plant networks.
- Apprion IONizers - Apprion's industrial wireless field appliances for multi-protocol, multi-vendor wireless sensor networks and device-based systems.
ION System Benefits
- Open: The ION System is vendor-agnostic and standards-based. This gives industry the freedom to select the most suitable technology for an application or environment based on performance, price, durability, or any other factor.
- Integrated: ION R4 enables a truly integrated industrial wireless infrastructure with its centralized, comprehensive interface for integrating and managing all devices, applications and data.
- Security: ION leverages advances in network and system security to provide a standard and integrated approach to wireless network security. Continuous network monitoring and real-time policy enforcement act as a virtual "security guard" to protect the wireless network and to comply with cyber security regulations, including NERC.
- Performance and Reliability: ION measures performance and status characteristics across leading industrial wireless vendors and devices. When an anomaly is detected, ION is used to remotely manage devices to ensure availability of element, network, and overall system effectiveness.
- Scalability and Extensibility: ION's extensible infrastructure makes it possible to add applications and expand wireless capacity. ION also leverages the most current developments in distributed computing for overall system scalability.
- Policy Enforcement: ION is uniquely capable of managing and enforcing wireless network policies across multi-vendor devices and applications. Intelligent policy enforcement is required for security, reliability, and performance management.
- Cost-Effective: ION centralizes the management of multi-vendor devices and applications on a single platform, which can greatly reduce hardware, software, and administrative costs across the entire plant network.